Health care providers enhance their skills in treating adult victims of cardiac arrest or other cardiopulmonary emergencies, while earning their American Heart Association ACLS (AHA ACLS) for Healthcare Providers Course Completion Card.
The cost for non-employees is $150.00.
Individuals may register by calling the Clinical Education Department at 706.389.2150. For St. Mary's Sacred Heart, you may register by calling 706.356.7848.
ASLS is a practical, hands-on, 8 hour course.
- Describe why early treatment may result in a marked reduction in risk of disability.
- Identify the five main stroke syndromes and relate them to pathophysiology and clinical signs.
- Perform focused evaluation to identify stroke, its location and severity, and t-PA contraindications.
Hands-on skills training through didactic sessions:
- Instructors simulate stroke syndromes
- Learners perform the MEND examination
- Computer-based multimedia skills training
- Interactive discussions
Current ASLS Training Dates Scheduled
How to Register
To register please call 706.389.2153
or email email@example.com.
Please register, as class size is limited.
All ASLS training occurs in the Flower Suites in St. Mary's Hospital., 1230 Baxter Street, Athens, GA 30549
* There is a $15 fee for non-employees to be registered with the University of Miami, which includes a certificate and card.*