Summer 2020 Nurse Extern Program
- Program Dates: June 1, 2020 - July 31, 2020
- Completed Application Deadline: February 19, 2020
St. Mary's Health Care System offers a summer Nurse Extern Program which provides rising senior nursing students the opportunity to gain valuable clinical knowledge and skills through summer employment and supports the student nurse's professional development. St. Mary's Nurse Extern Program provides an opportunity for the extern to rotate to multiple clinical settings which may include: Neuroscience, Orthopedics, Medical/Surgical, IMCU, Rehab Medicine, Family Birth Center, Critical Care and Emergency Department.
- The 2020 Summer Nurse Extern Program is designed for rising senior nursing students in an accredited school of nursing.
- The nurse extern will work 24-36 hours per week for approximately 9 weeks. One week will be designed for orientation.
- The nurse extern will be paired with an RN for the externship and perform nurse extern responsibilities for the RN's patients as well as Clinical Technician and Unit Secretary responsibilities when needed.
- The nurse extern may perform all duties of a nurse EXCEPT administer medications.
- Work schedule will be determined by your Nurse Manager and may include day, night and weekend shifts.
- Nurse Externs are PRN employees and are not eligible for benefits. Nurse Externs are eligible to receive evening and night shift differential pay. Opportunity for continued employment after the program may be available.
- Externships are limited.
Apply for the Summer Nurse Extern position on St. Mary's Health Care System's online application for employment at www.stmarysathens.org
Must have current BLS certification for Health Care Provider through American Heart Association.
If you have further questions about the Summer Nurse Extern Program at St. Mary's Health Care System, please contact Tracey Cosby at 706-389-2087 or firstname.lastname@example.org.