Application Requirements and Interview and Selection Process
Applications are only accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS)
- 1744140C0 (categorical)
- 1744140P0 (preliminary)
Application deadline is January 1.
Applicant must be one of the following:
- Graduate of a medical school in the United States and Canada accredited by the Liaison Committee on Medical Education (LCME)
- Graduate of a college of osteopathic medicine in the United States accredited by the American Osteopathic Association (AOA)
- Graduate of a medical school outside the United States and Canada, and meeting one of the following additional qualifications:
- Holds a currently valid certification from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), or
- Holds a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a U.S. licensing jurisdiction in his or her current ACGME specialty/subspecialty program, or
- Has graduated from a medical school outside the United States and has completed a Fifth Pathway program provided by an LCME-accredited medical school
- Applicants must be either US Citizens, have a valid US Permanent Resident Card, valid Employment Authorization Document or J-1 ECFMG-sponsored visa
- Applicants must have a minimum of three (3) months US clinical experience
- Applicants must be within 4 years of either graduation from medical school or direct patient care activity
- All applicants will be ranked and matched through the National Resident Matching Program
- Applicants must have an MSPE
- Applicants must have 3 Letters of Recommendation (the program does not require a Chairman’s letter but is particularly interested in letters of recommendation from your attending physician during any medicine sub-internship or externship performed during your senior year)
- Applicants must have an official medical school transcript, including all grades for required clerkships (photocopy will not be accepted)
- Applicants must have an official transcript with a score on USMLE/COMLEX Part 1 and USMLE/COMLEX Part 2. Requirements for Step 2CS will be waived this year.
- Applicants must provide a Personal Statement
- Applicants must provide a current Curriculum Vitae
- Applicants may provide an optional photograph
- The program requests that applicants provide an additional paragraph at the end of their personal statement detailing their interest in our specific program – this is not mandatory, but may assist us in assessing applicant interest if the applicant pool is large. We are committed to working with our applicants to find the best match for you and for us and request your partnership over the next few months to ensure the process is fair and successful for all.
A complete ERAS application is required.
Applications must be submitted and complete by January 1 to be considered for review by the Selection Committee
- Interviews for the 2020 - 2021 match cycle will be conducted virtually.
- All communication regarding interviews will be provided via ERAS and Thalamus.
For more information:
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.