The Internal Medicine Program’s overall mission is to maintain and improve the health of adults in Georgia by educating and graduating resident physicians skilled in the practice of Internal Medicine.
The residency program will facilitate each resident’s growth as an individual and as a practicing physician by following the guiding values and principles of:
- Developing of a strong clinical skills base in both inpatient and outpatient internal medicine.
- Committing to life-long learning.
- Practicing medicine with integrity.
- Advocating for patients at all times.
- Promoting independence while encouraging teamwork.
- Participating actively in the community.
- Embracing diversity of culture and spirituality.
- Balancing personal and professional lives.
The residency program shall accomplish its goal by striving to train caring, compassionate physicians who are competent to provide the highest level of medical care for adults, who are advocates for adults and their families in terms of social, emotional and medical needs and who have the requisite medical and scientific background to pursue careers in their chosen area of Internal Medicine.